Why choose to study GCSE Biology?
GCSE Biology is accepted by universities and employers as proof of essential knowledge and ability. As well as a subject focus, the biology syllabus enables learners to:
- better understand the technological world, with an informed interest in scientific matters
- recognise the usefulness (and limitations) of scientific method, and how to apply this to other disciplines and in everyday life
- develop relevant attitudes, such as a concern for accuracy and precision, objectivity, integrity, enquiry,initiative and inventiveness
- develop an interest in, and care for, the environment
- better understand the influence and limitations placed on scientific study by society, economy, technology, ethics, the community and the environment
- develop an understanding of the scientific skills essential for both further study and everyday life.
How Are Candidates Assessed?
(COLLS courses follow the Extended Curriculum):
Paper 2: Multiple Choice (Extended)
Paper 4: Theory (Extended)
Paper 6: Alternative to Practical