Why Choose to Study AS Level Business?
The study of AS Level Business allows learners to take the first step towards a career in private or public organisations or progress with confidence to a degree in business and management related subjects.
About the syllabus: learners will develop:
• the capacity to analyse characteristics and activities of business organisations and how they respond to the changing demands of their environments
• an understanding of how effective managers and leaders develop successful organisations in terms of customer focus and the products/services they offer
• the opportunity to reflect on how successful business organisations engage in financial and accounting practices to maximise value for stakeholders value
• development of knowledge that relates to strategic planning and decision-making to ensure business survival, change, and sustainable success
• a solid foundation for further study.
How Are Candidates Assessed?
Paper 1 Short answer and essay 1 hour 15 minutes
Section A: Four short answer questions (20 marks) Section B: One essay from a choice of three questions (20 marks) Based on the AS Level syllabus content [40 marks]
Paper 2 Data response 1 hour 30 minutes
Two data response questions based on AS Level syllabus content [60 marks]